Here are a few simple Do's and Don'ts to make sure your donations are Doing the Most Good.
- Test all electrical and battery-operated equipment to make sure it's still in working condition
- Include all manuals, if possible
- Include all pieces and/or parts
- Wash or dry-clean clothing prior to donation
- Call ahead if dropping off items at a center or Family Store
- Bring an itemized list of your donations and ask for a receipt
- Do not donate broken or spoiled items
- Do not leave items outside a collection box or center. Be sure to leave them in the right hands (or inside the right drop-off box).
- Do not donate items that have been recalled, banned or do not meet current safety standards. Legally, we are unable to accept them.